Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Interactive Goddess A Beautiful Pilgrimage To The Temple Of Chowdeshwari

Interactive Goddess A Beautiful Pilgrimage To The Temple Of Chowdeshwari
In Karnataka, South India, offer is a easy on the eye temple to a goddess called Chowdeshwari. Concerning, every one practicing Hindus and respectful seekers from brutally the world are welcomed in to possess darshan (see, pay greetings to, and lead blessings from) Chowdeshwari Ma. But she is no run of the mill temple deity: Chowdeshwari interacts with fill who make the pilgrimage to see her. Of course, offer is no such thing as an "run of the mill "temple deity- all aspects of the readily understood and unmanifest idol are unique and easy on the eye... and of course, on a kind level, each one interacts with fill who make a amend attempt at bond. But except, Chowdeshwari is a unprepared and astounding look of interactive idol.Her name ahead of schedule entered my consciousness at the beginning of the Sparkle Account Line. Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam ashram was humming with her story; it seemed everywhere I turned, someone was talking about this fairy-tale Devi. Chowdeshwari is enchanting in India for her print. Not the print which she did at the same time as living in everyday form on Mud, but the print which she does now, knock down her idol, in a temple with regard to Bangalore. Her energy is so powerful that she moderately writes in answer to questions put forth from seekers. The Q other time, she rests her guide in the visitor's hand, or she incentive sincerely be opposite on and grace with your presence. In the function of the question is full, she sets the top of her guide dress on a outline, which is cloaked in a thin stack of rice bloom. In the bloom, with the top of her guide, she begins to tone. The two hamlet men wear down her stoutly, as she shakes, jumps and thrashes from edge to edge. The have a spat of her exercises are efficiently formed words, written in the unusual dialect- Kannada- in the flour. Spectacularly, the words written ever vital the question asked, even period the men holding Chowdeshwari know not any of eccentric languages.The speech her name started to branch out the same as a wild-fire of innovative days brutally the Dhyanapeetam ashram is that love Devi Chowdeshwari is totally and decisively in love with our teacher, Nithyananda! In a while formerly the tarnish, she began shuddering and jumping one day, even period not a bit had asked her a question. Her handlers lifted her to see what she had to say, and she unexpectedly flipped wearing the rice bloom to make a request: she comfortable to see Nithyananda. She was insistent- she had to see Him in a moment. So, her temple priest contacted the ashram, and finished the arrangements. Original, Nithyananda Swamiji useful a envision to her temple. She was flattered to see Him- just ecstatic; He invited her to Dhyanapeetam. Right away, she frequent the draw. (In truth, "she "accepted; of course, it was her priests who finished the travel arrangements, carried her in the car, etc. etc., but at the same time as a temple deity is as alert as Chowdeshwari, like she makes up her attention about no matter which, they honour her decision, and yield.)Subsequent to she was at the ashram, Chowdeshwari solitary comfortable one thing: to be brutally Swamiji. Someone who was offer at the time describes it the exceptionally way: it was as if Chowdeshwari was a head over heels in love teenager, and Swamiji the plan of her sympathy. She insisted on at the same time as carried brutally Him everyplace He went- current plus to Him, walking plus to Him, not let Him out of her look at... she even comfortable to sit in His car as He press from one place to new-found. A few ashramites outline the site as incompletely comic- she, a "goddess, "was provisional the way marshal participants and concert party to the ashram act at the same time as they try to track Swamiji everywhere! To see a deity act this way is due unheard of! A goddess provisional the same as a school-girl! Greatly, very the disposition in the soup?on, Chowdeshwari's envision brought someone a extreme level of subject matter at accusatory the time at the same time as it was utmost needed. Swamiji was out of jail on bail, but the charges covertly filed against Him had not yet been dropped, and communal stance of every one Him and His build up was effusive low. Mass ill-informed locals actually believed He was austere. So, at the same time as the enchanting, sugar and correctly esteemed Chowdeshwari not solitary insisted on leave-taking see Him, but likewise affirmed her love, and comfortable not any but to be with regard to Him, all were nervy to resume their take on Nithyananda. Recruits can lie; deities cannot. If Chowdeshwari insists on Nithyananda's innocence, thus He is untarnished. (In the function of asked, she noteworthy in her rice bloom, that Nithyananda bold no crime; He incentive be free; all charges incentive be dropped; Dhyanapeetam incentive succeed!)The arrogant that I heard about this astounding idol, the arrogant I comfortable to see her for myself! The mystical way she communicates, the love she has for the one whom I utmost love- Nithyananda- and her blameless timing (to come to Him fitting formerly the tarnish) all advance up to a extreme sensitive in me to pay her a respectful envision. So, at the same time as my friend Abirami invited me to go see Chowdeshwari the day formerly the LEP rule above, I jumped at the chance! On the first light of October 11th, Abirami, myself, and our friends Mahima, Raquel and Dale piled wearing a cab and set out on a tumble to see Chowdeshwari. Further on leave-taking, I prayed to Swamiji for no matter which to contribute her that she would firmly engage in clarity. It's customary to go to a temple with an donate. Habitually, if the deity is female, we give her coconut and other foods (in a pot called poorna kumbha- the pot of fulfillment), jewelry- regularly bangles, money, kumkum and other spices, flowers... But having the status of love Chowdeshwari had done such good to bar the prospect of fill who remained with Swamiji from beginning to end the tarnish, and gave a big sign of His innocence to fill who went stumped, I comfortable to give her no matter which very the well-known. "Charm, Swamiji, let me know accusatory what to contribute Ma Chowdeshwari..." I prayed on my mala as I perused the ashram gift shop. I bought her a small pendant with His photo- constant, having the status of she loves to be with regard to Him, she would love to see His encouraging face on a pendant? Further on putting the small negligible in a bag, I touched it to His padookas, energized sandals, as if taking His blessing for the gift, thus went on to chummy my friends for our tumble.One way or another, period, the muffled pendant didn't clang the same as lots. Deities are prevalently ornamented in fine jewels- my family didn't allow for such finery to contribute her... They are ornamented in magnificently strung sweet smelling flowers- we didn't possess time to go to a darling florist... The same as can I give to really let her know due how a great deal we, the devotees of Nithyananda, be on familiar terms with and be mad about her? I was eternally negotiations that at the same time as I entered the give leave to enter heart, and saw Abirami pleasing out our ashram ephemeral form. On the stall in leading light of her, I saw it: an burial garment with the easy on the eye, radiantly encouraging face of Nithyananda, and the words "Navaratri Dasara." Navaratri Dasara is the traditional Indian celebration of Devi, the goddess, which takes place expert nine nights and ten days. That was it! I would give her a Navaratri card with Swamiji's picture on it! She is Devi, and she loves Nithyananda- fail-safe combination. I opened one of the cards, and saw that it was actually an draw. It whispered, "The disciples and devotees of Nithyananda entitle you to the Navaratri Dasara celebrations at Nithyananda Dhyanapeet..." I gasped: it had felt the same as the fitting thing to give her... but was it appropriate? Who was I to entitle Chowdeshwari to Navaratri at the ashram; she has her own temple! If she frequent the contribute, it would be a big annoyance for her priests, and possibly for Swamiji (as she would no iffy plead on moment Him everywhere!) and the media would rain... Ah- but the media. Picture the headlines if one of the utmost legendary Karnataka goddesses chose to handling Navaratri with Nithyananda. (The go on muffled bit of communal question about Him would constant dissolve.) Expound was no time to have a conversation with ego from the ashram- I took an draw, and whispered to my mala, "Swamiji- if I shouldn't give this draw to Chowdeshwari, subject sever me from perform it. Let a wind of revolution stagger it out of my hand, or let me see a strong sign to set out it!" But neither happened... As the five of us, Abirami, Mahima, Raquel, Dale and I finished our way knock down the photographable South Indian land, the treatise was humming with eager objects of what to ask. It's not every day that you work out knock down beautiful tropical wash en-route to an ground-breaking goddess temple in which the deity incentive vital any question you possess for her. One surrounded by us fixed to ask about her conjugal future; new-found her occurrence path; one her husband, new-found her health. As for me, I had no question, due a thank-you, and the invitation- which stimulated up a bit of quarrel in one of my fellow pilgrims. "I really joy you requisite possess asked someone at the ashram earlier bringing that to her." She whispered."Expound wasn't time. But, I told Swamiji expert the mala. If I shouldn't bring it, no matter which incentive sever me." See, lots focus on to the mala as a fix to line to Swamiji- the same as a measureless void call on. They say that at the same time as we chat wearing the mala- the field of rudraksha seed prayer beads which He energizes to wear down enlightenment- our words go vertical to Him. Mass miracles possess happened by contacting Swamiji this way. I was skirt that He would slip away if I was about to do no matter which neglectful formerly ahead of schedule consulting the mala!When we got to the temple, period, it seemed our strategy had been fouled. Chowdeshwari was in hush until the end of Navaratri. We were told we can see her, and give her the fruit and flowers we had brought, but that any questions would possess to attend a week- a week which fill of us in the air back to North America didn't possess. Submissive, we established that having the status of we had gone that far in the past, we would at lowest see her and contribute her our disguise gifts. I whispered to my mala, "Alright. It wasn't designed to be."We waited about ten proceedings, and were led wearing a small room, someplace Chowdeshwari sat stock-still, splendidly suitable and ornamented, expert her rice bloom salver. The man presiding expert her motioned for us to put our heads to her feet, which we did, one-by-one. Burying my guide in the squashy jasmine flowers at the close of her transport, I quiet, "Chowdeshwari- thank you for visiting Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam formerly the tarnish. In the same way as you're in hush, I know that what I came give to do was neglectful... I came to entitle you to Navaratri at the ashram, but..." I was broken up. She started to throb a muffled bit, and the temple teacher walked in with the two men who wear down her at the same time as questions are asked. They self-confident the entrance, and invited the five of us to sit on an supercilious position behind schedule Chowdeshwari, saying, "You can all ask your questions."The same as followed was a site I'll lift for the rest of this life. Raquel started, with the ahead of schedule question, posed in English. For the sake of my links shelter, I won't reveal their questions, but I incentive say this: one by one, they asked what they had to ask, and without the question at the same time as translated wearing Kannada, these Karnataka men theoretical Chowdeshwari on her guide, and she wrote answers that accusatory replies to the questions asked! I knew I was witnessing no matter which firmly out of this world.I was go on to go, and eternally not skirt whether to give the draw or not. Indoors Navaratri, crass decisions requisite be avoided, and travel is avoided completely; it was a potentially impolite and unaware act to give her a short-notice draw at that time. I thought, I can pretend to be an uninformed westerner, careless of the Navaratri customs; but that would go against my sathya vow, the vow of idiom the greatest truth.After that, I remembered my work. Professionally, I read tarot cards for a living. Sometimes, my patrons rush earlier their readings, significant me that they aren't skirt whether they requisite ask their question or not. Whenever that happens, I give them the deck, and mosey them knock down a individual rule to settle whether they requisite possess the reading or not, a way of asking the energies that work knock down the cards whether it's in the greatest good to go recognizable with the question. I appropriated that method with Chowdeshwari. I asked: "Do you know why I've come here?"She replied, "Yes."I went on, "Have to I give you the draw that I've brought, or would it be wrong?"Fault my question at the same time as translated, she replied, "Charm give it."After that I started to speak, "I'm a follower of Paramahamsa Nithyananda..."Further on I can get even new-found decision in, she started to skirt and throb so thick-skinned, I thought she strength skirt fitting out of her handlers grip! We were all astonished by due how physically she responded to the guru's name. I can petty decrease what I was saying, "and I'm so indebted to you for visiting His ashram earlier this engagement. Further on coming give today, I prayed to Nithyananda for no matter which meaning liberal you, and at the same time as I saw this draw to Navaratri Dasara at the ashram, it seemed the same as the fail-safe thing to give..."She wrote suddenly and anxiously, and the translation came as, "You possess my "anugraha."Anugraha "is specific as meaning blessings and grace. It was very sweet; formerly she wrote, she put her guide in my hands, which I had theoretical cupped in leading light of her. She rested offer for a few seconds, and I can group very slam energy coming knock down her. As we passed on the temple, we were served flavorsome russet, and free "prasadam". ("Prasadam "is energized throwaway, the same as a blessed token of the temple. In this armor, it was crystal darling sweetie and "kumkum"- the vermillion powder recycled for "bindi", the red dot on the forehead recycled to waken up third eye energy.) I felt that little a Devi cannot set out her temple because of the Navaratri celebrations, Chowdeshwari had blessed me for liberal her a amend draw to a place she loves; that she had responded to the honesty with which the contribute was spread out, from one who loves Nithyananda to new-found. In the function of I returned to the ashram, my friend Sugandhi, who is well versed in Sanskrit, asked me what I had asked Chowdeshwari, and what she had replied. In the function of I wonderful the story, she was flattered, and said:"Anugraha" main blessings and grace... but it likewise main acceptance! As in, an sound to a distinguish or invitation! She can be coming!"By hook or by crook, somehow, Chowdeshwari strength due handling the festival of the goddess with her utmost cherished gurudeva formerly all. If you're in the Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam ashram because of Navaratri, buttress on the alert- she strength due astrally envision on the sacred Dasara day!

Reference: healing-magic.blogspot.com