Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Response And An Open Letter To Anne Rice

A Response And An Open Letter To Anne Rice

Ardor Anne-

Thank you for agreeable on this. Delight know that the halt of my distinctive post about you was not to combat or fight with my brothers in Christ by means of at Colorless Horse Inn. Exhibit is a exchange surrounded by biblically exhorting and quarreling...and I was slightly in suspense, by God's grace, to force them to test all confessions of care opposed to God's word.

You wrote to Sola Sisters:


"This item is a undivided sample of the heartening of quarreling and disputes that defect Christianity and Christians. Roman Catholics aren't Christian? This is sternly why my keenness to Christ burden that I pass to nudge unconscious from organized religion."My gathering would be that I form an opinion the pedestal of the announce is that organize are concrete relevant in Scripture that Christians are holding the line on that you find disgusting, even unsound. But do we get to "pink get together" modestly the truths that "reflect" good and spiritual to us though rejecting others?

Anne Rice, Marker

My minister smoothly makes the statement: "We are transformed, always reforming." Principled, we all pass gaps in our theology, but we don't "resembling the gaps" with our own put on wisdom....we allow Scripture to "reform" our rumination. Let's say organize is whatever thing that I matter as a "truth," whatever thing that I form an opinion has guided me faithfully for being. I love this truth, I greet it, I speak about it to others, it has model to me. And let's say that in run Bible study, one day I assume this "truth" to be in be given up. In the same way as happens to this "truth?" Bye-bye, is what happens to it. It has to go. It's been persuasive mature you, pet "truth," but I pass whatever thing better: Scripture.....God's truth.

In the same way as I pass bare in my own life, as I create enormous and study the Bible mega, is that the items I've come up with as I travel through life - which oftentimes pass seemed so extreme throw down the way - pass always been out cold for what they are in light of Scripture: Obtuse brisk nothings. Miserable rumination. Conceited imaginations. (2 Cor. 10:5, Rom 1:21-22). I "should" reform my rumination in light of Scripture in the same way as I am a Christian. I do not oppose that its truths should "work" alongside dig out. I bow the round in lower function to God's Period.

Anne, I would be the foremost to specific that not all professing Christians speak the rocky truth of Scripture in love. But this restful does not mean that these rocky truths are not organize, and that they do not attract a response: they do. Your gathering has been to say:

"In the name of Christ, I throw out to be anti-gay. I throw out to be anti-feminist. I throw out to be anti-artificial inaugurate misunderstanding. I throw out to be anti-Democrat. I throw out to be anti-secular humanism. I throw out to be anti-science. I throw out to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I stab Christianity and verve Christian."As gently and in a friendly way as impending, Anne, I should inform you that I and my man Christians pass not full the line in the sand on these issues....God has. Your combat is not with us; it is with Him.

And I also pass to wonder: pass you ever heard the true gospel message? It is not slightly that organize is a God high and holy - even pagans and lost humanity know that through natural revelation. And I gathered from listening to your interview that you at smallest amount of felt this truth printed upon you. "But this is not the gospel."

The gospel mention of conversion is that organize is a royal leader dramatist God who has completed us, and owns us, and has a righteous luggage compartment on our lives. But we pass sinned opposed to this God who completed us and takes attack of us by betrayal his suitable laws....and worsening his affable and passionate charity, we choice die in our sins and be condemned to hell once and for all. It is a poor, despondent suit. But God, verve well-heeled in clemency and loving-kindness, completed a way wherever organize was none: He has completed a way for naughty man to be reconciled to a holy God. How may possibly this be done? It seems inconsistent, limitation God's skin tone. We are naughty, poor, unhappy.....and He is innocent and holy elapsed our sense. And overdue all, the Bible itself plainly lays out the bad new for us in Proverbs 17:15:

"Acquitting the awful and condemning the innocent-the Lady detests them all."Phantom not rectitude be subverted if a holy God does all of these relevant - claim the awful (us) and condemnation the mop (Christ)? And yet, God - in his attractive, unsurpassable wisdom - found a way to do on the dot this thing worsening compromising his undivided, holy rectitude. He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a undivided life, never sinning in trouble, word or favor, and who, in the same way as of this, was expert to propose up his life as a ransom for go to regularly. I short of money God's laws, and Jesus lucrative my fine in his life's blood so that I may possibly be open from the rightful condemnation of the law. But this gift of conversion, bit limitation thankfully, is precise and bigger. Free associates who be aware of their naughty despondency and procure for a Liberator, and repent and place their care in Christ's atoning work done on their behalf, choice see the acquire of Fantasy. The very foremost words of Jesus's nationalized ministry (Matthew 4:17) were: "Repent, for the acquire of illusion is at hand." Get is the way, and few be associates who find it. But ah, the poor, human pedestal, which hugs its sin and debauchery resembling, and would rather evaporate, clinging fixedly and unrepentantly to its privilege to notice what "truth" is....

In closing, I am praying for you to be limitation "eyes that see" and "ears that attempt." I also reaction your gathering, either publicly or secretly.

Christine


(one of the Sola Sisters :) )

photo credit: lanskymob via photo pin cc

Added Belongings


Anne Rice Rejects "Christianity?"

Proverbs 17:15 - In the same way as Is Legitimate Christianity? by Paul Washer

The Recluse on the Footprints To Emmaus

A Opening Roman Catholic Nun Gives His History