Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Am A Believer

I Am A Believer
Portrayal by metrognome0 via FlickrI am making a concerted bring about not to abate to myself as a "non-believer" anymore. It solely isn't an accurate elucidation. I am an atheist, and I approval to occupy myself an atheist the same as discussing matters of religion. "Non-believer" may trustworthy be an fresh way for referring to atheists, agnostics, everyday humanists, freethinkers, and the since in sync, but it strikes me as unreliable. In most greetings, I am very outlying a zealot. That's proper, I accompany in all sorts of baggage.

I shoulder noticed that the same as fervent populace abate to "non-believers," they usually do so as a stuff of efficiency to give a buzz community who occupy themselves atheists, agnostics, etc. I trusty understand the dictate for broader conditions, but the call unmoving strikes me as a product of fervent tribute. Why have to "belief" be equated with "fervent belief" as if no other types of belief are as worthy? As an atheist, why obligation I supply the fervent the proper to level "belief" with "fervent belief" the same as we are all believers in something?

And how deduce any fervent person acclaim me the load of crap about "How can you be an atheist? I can't intricate goodbye through life not believing in anything." I accompany in sufficient of baggage.

In disagree to how the fervent use the "non-believer" call, we who are described by it take care of to use the sentence as a socially fitting amount to other labels. We garnish that "non-believer" is arrogant socially endurable than "atheist" and less relaxed to be misunderstood than other labels.

If one was so game, one could make the lawsuit that atheists who occupy themselves non-believers do so because they are too chickenshit to concede what they really ponder about religion. Of course, one could also close out that gift are situations in which one may wish to leisure activity or a moment ago not shoulder time for the create of responses elicited by the "atheist" call. One could even noise that non-belief is so future misunderstood that it is preferable to use a sentence lacking so outlying bag.

At the same time as it comes to me, I am an atheist. That is trusty not all I am, but I am that. I see no task to water it down for inhabitants treatment.

I do not accompany in gods, but I do accompany in sufficient of other baggage. I'm not certain I am eager to allow continued fervent tribute. I'm not certain I'm eager to occur a non-believer. I'm an atheist.

Subscribe to Disbeliever Rising


Tags: belief, religion, non-belief, atheist, fervent privilegeCopyright (c) 2013 Disbeliever Rising.