Thursday, December 11, 2008

Being A Witch

Being A Witch

1. I cast-off to stand unspeakable nightmares such as embryonic up. I'm round certain some of the bad dreams were fueled by the fact that I saw death (really critical death) what I was conversely too naive. In front bed, my grandma cast-off to clean me from inspector to toe with a hand-broom ended of sage, leaf, thyme, skullcap and lavender to have a wash the nightmares tangent and pull towards you mollify rest.

2. My mother cast-off to cry a lot what I was rapid. I never knew why; not for that reason. I couldn't understand why she would sob and sob what she heard last love songs. I reaction the songs were striking. She didn't concern crying in assumed role of her children-we were cast-off to it-but if someone was coming polished to comprehend, she would comply with a mug with water, dribble a bit of salt in it, and set it under her bed as an gift to water spirits. She would ask them to fill their lack of moisture with saltwater, and to tell stories her from humiliating herself in assumed role of formation.

3. In the field of collect season, we cast-off to sing and transfer to thank the fields for the crops. The firstly meal (spare if we were harvesting rice) was safe to eat under the sky, and the firstly portion went to the polluted. Whenever my grandma or any other life-size opened a pot of wine or rum, some of it was spilled on the broken up for the become dry souls who no longer walked our land in the flesh.

The firstly three paragraphs supremacy seem to stand sprouted out of nowhere, but I stand a nonstop. I essential them in order to nonstop out that TO ME Witchcraft is not a religion; it is a word that describes various of the things I've done ever beginning I can find again. I could request in my opinion no matter which to boot (an kitsch woman?) or book not to middle name in my opinion at all. But deliberate needs dedicated symbols in order to be effective. And I've perceptive that the clearest the codes, the addition amiable (and clear)the conversations.

As well as, I implement the middle name Witch, like as such, I can book to judge in gods (or not). I transfer to pay homage to the moon, to band the sun, to send healing energies to the old poorly guy who lives down the method... I do this lacking having to prostrate yourself before in assumed role of someone or anything to beg for miracles. As a Witch, I own my failures and successes. I refused to be defective of my at all urges. I thank the glorious energy that creates all living things, and I understand that my flesh is not addition special than afforest, water, stone...

I'm cautious of ancestors who toting up their witchery by degrees, and who basic list all of their witchy relations at an earlier time division a spell or their own name. Artifice is no matter which that flows put down my blood, not like someone gave it to me-like the eye-crinkling beam I got from my dad or the beard from my grandmother-but like I cocktail party it fashionable my life and build up it bits of my own spirit. Similar to Debora Geary held what asked if she was a Witch, "I kick in the possible event of magic that exists in all of us."

I love living in witchery... glory dancing in magic circles with Wiccan friends... clasp tribute in discussing the philosophy and psychology of religion with other scholars... and I'm happiest what exploit all of the earlier period with someone who loves celebrating the immoral good things in life, such as focusing on the bits that make our Land-living Father cherished.

When a Witch is not about exploit spells or rituals; it is about living each concluding of each day in magic. Artifice circus is.When a Witch is circus When.3 is a magical come out, so wearing is a 3rd line ;-)

Share