Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shiva Lingam

Shiva Lingam
Merry Meet :)))) A couple months ago I spent the evening at Mystic Aquarium in Mystic Connecticut with my daughter's Girl Scout Troop. On the way home we stopped through Mystic Village to peruse the shops. Well, one shop I wanted to visit in particular. The shop is called Mystical Elements. If you ever go to Mystic Connecticut I highly suggest both the Village and that shop. You can see their website here: http://www.mysticalelements.com/ My daughter and I spent almost an hour in the shop. This is the same shop I found my Rainbow Moonstone Pendulum at a couple years back. When I was in the shop, I was immediately drawn to the pendulums. I really don't need a pendulum, but this one pendulum caught my attention really quickly. As soon as I had it in my hand I knew it was to be used when I do healing work. The stone on the top is Carnelian. This time, though I didn't question buying it. I did however ask the woman what the stone was as I had never heard of it before. It was a Shiva Lingham.

Shiva Lingham is a rare power stone. It is found only in the Narmada River in Onkar Mandhata, in Western India. This stone is a Sacred Stone as it's from one of India's holy sites. The stones are gathered by people from the village once a year in a special ceremony, and hand polished. The stone is basicallly quartz with a combination of jasper, agate and basalt. The stone is a symbol of the Hindu God Shiva. However it represents both male and female energies. The egg shape represents the feminine. Part of what makes this stone unique is it's combination of masculine and feminine energies in the stone. It is usually reddish brown and tan in color. You can also find a black variety of the stone that is extremely rare. The black stones have only just started to be allowed for export. They were once only given to the people of the Hindu Temples.

The stone is excellent for charging all of your chakras. It is also beneficial to balance the entire body. It can boost strenght and vitality. Shiva Lingam helps with fertility issues and can also help with menopause, menstrual cramps and other sexual issues. It helps remove old habits and bring in new positive habits. If you center this stone on your heart chakra it can help you connect to the divine. If you place this stone on your throat chakra it can help you connect with your etheric body and help you communicate with your own higher self. This stone also promotes unity. If you feel alone it can help you feel as if you belong. It can help to unite people who have been seperated. Shiva Lingham also helps to activate the kundalini energy, and begin the process of Kundalini awakening.

The moment I picked up this stone it just felt at home in my hand. The energy was very powerful to me and quite soothing. I knew it would be good for healing, but I also felt as if it could help me with communicating with the divine. It just felt very peaceful and comforting to me. While I will be using it to help me with healing, I've been using it a lot purely because of the energy of the stone. It's amazing. :))))))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong