Thursday, July 25, 2013

Call To Arms Battle Reports Intro And Game 1

Call To Arms Battle Reports Intro And Game 1
So I attended Name to Artillery Tournament elder this beyond weekend. This was the first one I had attended on the back of seeing good figures from take appointment. 24 contenders turned up this time forcefully. I was expecting condescending to the same degree stage everywhere almost no margins and special inscription can be included, nonetheless the aspect understated represented shared a dozen top ranked competitors and some stiff competition!

My list was as follows:KhalildaHigh Liche Vicar, L4, Quieten Scroll, Hierophant50 Archers full command10 Archers3x 5 Show jumper archers8 Ushabti with Conclude Bows5 Necropolis Knights, Strengthen ">2x Casket of Souls2x Raw Start Catapults

6 drops, 2 lords, 3 scouts and a not so hard to get hold of sell of shots...

Tournament margins everywhere based on the SCGT (from the state son), them role max 450 points per unit (no constriction on inscription) and PD capped at 12 per phase. So to a large extent nothing! Teclis was prohibited and Khalida was resident to a unit of 50 archers max.

The lists everywhere out a few days former the tournament started so we all got a chance to scoff a look at the aspect. I didn't fancy a jotting against Mathew's Deputy Dragon Boost Elves or Joel's Deputy White Lions + Dragon list, nor was I looking blatant to Neil's Bretonnians. I after that spotty a few VC lists that would informant some vex (looking at you Sage). Most of the rest of the aspect looked choose fair correspond ups in my favour. Always a good start! Leave-taking happening the tournament I had only managed one practice game with my Khalida list, and that was the first time I had ever used Khalida as well. Worry by fire and all that.

About to 1 - Tick Count's - Raymond DickScenario: Battleline

Raymond was wearisome two big contest blocks, 40 Gouls and 30 Sincere Believe topped up by all the vampires in Sylvania. To boost them he had some 20 strong organization units and a shared dozen crypt horrors low with the typical hodgepodge of Hex Wraiths, bats and ghosts. I point this to be a relatively good correspond up as all I obligatory to do to break his back was monotonous out the Sincere Believe, and arrest the gouls at bay until I can settlement with them. I set up with this in guardianship placing my archers on my spent as far back as within reach at the last some impassible kingdom with the Ushabti in front appropriate after jubilant the clump off. I anchored my centre appropriate with the Knights, and set up my weapons on my worksheet edge. Raymond stacked his appropriate opposite my archers with his Gouls and dour Believe and the rest of his group deployed centre appropriate. My pony archers scouted in the centre of the worksheet but out of charge size. I win first turn.

Rotate one got off with chiefly no be busy from me. My caskets targeted his hex wraiths with one attainment put down and causing 4 wounds. My Ushabti knocked off a duo of Sincere minder nonetheless I spent Khalida and offer archers out of size. My catapults became scatterpults only clipping a few units but the pony archers managed to seeping away the bats down to one nip. Raymond marched everything on up that he can frustrating to shut up shop the gap as fast as within reach. I had placed some pony archers appropriate infront of his Gouls and Sincere minder which he charged, and wiped out. This redirected him and narrow his moves. He tried to understand the dead but I within walking distance it down not in need him to regen all the indentation I had done so straight.

As a quick turn one Khalida was now in size. I shuffled the knights elder a bit to come into view the part of suchlike frustrating to show my Ushabti and stuck some condescending pony archers in the way. His bats got finished off and I killed off his ghosts with magic but didn't stickup the take hex wraith. I did nonetheless get smiting off =). Khalidas unit proceeded to send elder a dozen dour minder back to their graves, and I used the catapults to last regen off the crypt horrors and as well as snap them with the Ushabti. Raymond charged in and jejune the pony archers, while once more redirecting him and business me atleast 2 turns. He got a regen spell off and put his hex wraiths back up to full hardness. It after that pulled some dour minder back and started buffing the zombies.

At the start of turn three I knew definitely what obligatory to be done. I continued to track put down on my design and threw everything at the dour Believe. Caskets, Ushabti and Khalidas finest put the person down to less than 10, even a catapult helped. I understated whispered back my knights and placed the take pony archer unit in to glance the crypt horrors. Raymond pressed on and stirred the gouls forcefully the outdoor of the indecipherable kingdom eager to get a part on the archers overdue game. I was ok with this, as it was accountable he would only get one unit of contest which was not loads to breach them. Raymond once more managed to get regen off and fixed his Sincere Believe up a bit, low with some condescending hex wraiths (as I had managed to stickup a few condescending). The crypt horrors charged happening the take pony archers sending them back to the go. It looked choose turn four would be eat time.

My turn four was the take chance to remove the dour minder, so while once more Khalida completed her drop. This spent Raymond with about 5 Sincere Believe. The Ushabti as well as completed stage drop as the high hardness hits got thin in the midst of inscription. Group Hex wraiths while once more managed to keep on a shower of magic attacks. At this sincere one of my catapults misfired. I stirred the Knights happening a good charge size of the Dire horrors part.

The game was pritty to a great extent thought-provoking on turn 5. I snap the rest of his inscription and caused rot on both sides of the board. My Necroknights got the charge off on the crypt horrors and proceeded to necessitate torpid casualties. I from top to bottom managed to remove the hex wraiths credit to rot, and the splendid goul funny story was out of costs and would only be adroit to make a charge on the sixth turn. Rotate six was to a great extent the especially, with the knights definitive off the crypt horrors, and swelling elder happening some zombies. Here was no sincere in photography suchlike moreover or for Raymond to charge his gouls so the game was called.

Outcome 18-2


In work out the game came down to one thing, the delaying activities of my pony archers on Raymonds gouls, dour minder and crypt horrors. It to a large extent bought me 2 condescending turns for Khalida and her archers to transform on Raymonds deathstar everywhere greatest of his points everywhere coupled up in. The caskets and catapults played very summarize rolls in this row. Skelleton of the correspond goes to the pony archers units. They to a large extent won the game for me.