Monday, December 2, 2013

Saturday March 1 2008 Annabel Michaels

Saturday March 1 2008 Annabel Michaels
Theme: NOMy decisive Saturday ever! Thorns wherever.If not for good old BOB DOLE (54A, One Soldier's Lie down marker), I would've been struck out in every answer. So bountiful unrevealed names, seats and new words.I surrendered very readily, once 20 report of muddling a quantity of. So I fed-up out Mr. Google.Across entries:1A: Exploitation: Overeat8A: Instructor filmstrip grp.: AVS (Apply Prediction Try). Difficult to understand to me.11A: Quartermaster: RSO (Regimental Signals Officer). Something else stranger.14A: Inventors' costly rights: PATENTS15A: At the ready: SET16A: UFO pilots: ETS17A: Self-employed expedient: Stopgap18A: Play about Capote: TRU. Brought a Tony for Robert Morse in 1990.19A: Demure, in London: MIM. Dictionary says it's a British lingo, the origin may well be a mix of "mum" or "airless".20A: Musician Alejandro: REY. I forgot his name.21A: John Wayne movie: THE ALAMO. Never saw it. It's the crown movie "Duke" ever directed.23A: Tearjerkers, of a sort: ONIONS26A: Retirement title: EMERITUS27A: Jai alai ball: PELOTA. No view. But I am joyful to learn this new word. Style of fed-up of "show the way.28A: Chanted hymn: CANTICLE29A: Back takf: PREFLIGHT31A: Howdy-does: HIS32A: Gypsum crystals: SELENITES. Difficult to understand to me. They are commonly gauzy and colorless. Present is mega information: "Selenite, satin swordfight, put away rose, and gypsum thrive are the four crystalline varieties of gypsum."36A: Recitalist Arthur: BEA39A: Classic Spot in Kansas: NICODEMUS. Never heard of this place. It's "the thoroughly ravage western community geared up by African Americans once the local war."43A: Far away prevalent: Virus47A: Wilderness blooms: YUCCAS48A: Traveling fair Period of Repute location: SARASOTA. Never knew that there's even a quite good Period of Repute in place. OK, mega information for you, the Multinational Traveling fair Period of Repute in based in Peru, Indiana.49A Ranges: SCOPES. I put Stoves crown.50A: Run away: Bustle Plaintiff. Never heard of this show.51A: Khaki shade: TAN52A: Can or cup ending?: OLA (Canola and Cupola). I got this one.53A: Ltr. holder: ENV (Packet)54A: "One Soldier's Lie down" author: BOB DOLE58A: Chinese Dynasty: WEI. "Any of specific dignified dynasties of China imperative from 220 to 265 and from 386 to 556." OK, I found mega information for you. If the show the way is 3-letter Chinese Apartment, it's either Han or Wei. If it's 4-letter Chinese variety, as a consequence the answers are Ming, Spice, Natter, Tsin or Sung.60A: Dahl and Francis: ARLENES. Difficult to understand to me. If it's clued as Senator Spector, I would move nailed it. (Update: I was wrongness about Senator Spector's inclined name. It's ARLEN, not ARLENE, substandard Senator.)61A: General meas.: STD (Predictable)62A: Some ER staffers: MDS. Is it an reduction of therapeutic doctor or doctor of medicine?63A: Prescient woman: SEERESS. With ease got this one.Forlorn entries:1D: Spouse of Saturn: OPS (Greek equal is Rhea). She is further the mother of Jupiter. Man, I had no view that Saturn even had a wife. I've got to find a way to lift the names of people Roman/Greek Gods/Goddesses. They are slaughter me very time they report.2D: Strict container: VAT3D: Ike's command: ETO (European Point of Operations). Got this one.4D: Admonitions: REPROOFS. I put Reproves crown, and it fit precisely, too bad it's a verb.5D: Grating and rude: UNGENTLE. I tried to put Gawky, which did not really fit the show the way, but I've never heard character use the word "ungentle".6D: Triangular wind-catcher: STAYSAIL. Never heard of it. Maritime provisos remain to trip me all the time.7D: Be cautious about reading: ESP8D: Of a respiratory disease: ASTHMATIC9D: Comedian Ben: VEREEN. Never heard of him. He is the Godfather of R">Wicked as the Wizard.10D: Rear statement artist: STUART (Woods). My evenness knows no allocation.11D: Exceed to get even: REMATCH. "Revenge" came to my observe rapidly.12D: Incentives: STIMULI. One of the crown words I complete in.13D: Diffusions: OSMOSES. One of the stoppage words I complete in.21D: Specialized: Highbrow. I was expression of a verb finished with a previous ill at ease. I give pleasure to the show the way period.22D: IV x XIII: LII (4 x13 = 52)23D: Antithesis: abbr.: OPP (opposite)24D: Saul's uncle: NER. Did not know this one.25D: "du Diable: ILE. Devil's Coral island.30D: Some prepositional phrases: GENITIVES. Is this a gimme for you?33D: F.A. O. Schwartz, e.g.: TOY Rendezvous. A bloody gimme for me today.34D: Fitting of existence taught: EDUCABLE. A diminutive bit of Bushism: "Once in a blue moon is the marvel asked, is our children learning?"35D: Heave supporter: SECONDER. OK, I show your indicate, does that make me a seconder?36D: Confers: BESTOWS37D: Call decoration: EPAULET. Difficult to understand to me.38D: Bombardment: AIR Rob40D: Women's Lib rival, for short: MCP (Chap Extremist Pig). I was pissed off further stretch at this make an objection of my solving.41D: Abu Dhabi loc.: UAE. Something else bloody gimme for me.42D: Tear letters: SSS (Selective Set Try)44D: Quayle or Marino: DAN. I wonder how significantly NutriSystem compensated Dan Marino and Don Shula to go on for their sustenance.45D: Giant regard: Regard46D: Lamented loudly: MOANED54D: "- relief: BAS. Low salve. See this picture. Present is an image of high salve (Alto-relievo).55D: Detached unit: ONE56D: Paul of guitars: LES. Serious his name from put on an act crossword.57D: Snaky letter: ESS. Study criminal.Concede a good weekend.C. C.