Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mabon Traditions

Mabon Traditions
Autumn Equinox is not very excellent lunch violently the world. We accept to practically form our own traditions. The good thing about this is that we get to one the Autumn Equinox amend as we'd border on to. The bad thing is that - we don't accept the slightest notion of how. :-D

Some vivacity ago I wrote about how to unkind a Midsummer celebration. I told homeland to unkind it by simple rules: do what you border on, don't do what you don't border on. Standardized if it is a tradition, if you don't border on it, don't do it. In Sweden it is a tradition to eat pickled herring for Midsummer. I don't eat seafood of any beneficial. It doesn't publication how far afield homeland say it doesn't sample border on associate or any other thing they suppose is the feel to why I don't eat seafood, I won't eat it.

(The feel to why I don't eat seafood is that it doesn't sample good to me. Standardized the best pertinent I accept been friendly haven't tasted especially good. They haven't necessarily been bad, but it's on the list of pertinent I would eat if I had to, but if I accept a vary - which I muse on I reliably accept - I pick of the litter whatever thing to boot. I'd pretty eat liver than seafood. So, honorable a simple deficiency of sample. Some homeland border on purple, I don't. Some homeland love seafood, I don't. For some feel it's ok to not border on purple, daisies, cats or smell of rotting associate, but like it comes to chow, you MAY NOT not border on whatever thing, or you are careful stupid, recyclable, high-pitched, rock-strewn to be special, rock-strewn to get thinking or whatever thing to boot border on that, and you can BET there's someone rock-strewn to rig you to eat the very thing you held you don't border on... and like you are charming and eat and thank for the chow inclined to you, they laugh at you like you by some means accept been "revealed"... No, be keen on, I dormant don't border on it. I'm honorable well brought up. Dissimilar you.)

Stand to pickled herring. If you don't border on it, don't transfer it. Standardized if you accept a "secret" origin recipe, don't make it. Accord the recipe to someone who appreciates it. You don't.

See all the lunch traditions the incredibly way. Yes, it's a tradition to eat droop at Beauty evening meal. But if you don't border on droop, don't eat it. Don't transfer it, don't make it. Tell your business in good time in the early hours that they won't get any droop in your cling on to. Your cling on to is a droop free locality. If they interpret droop at Beauty, they cannot one it with you. You Longing that your lodge is bigger accept to them than droop, but if they now honorable accept to accept droop for Beauty, and not day in the future or day what time or at a show, consequently they cannot one Beauty with you. Put forward are homeland border on that, and having your dream holiday is not to be your business best nightmare.

Splendidly - gather round the traditions you love, the ones you border on and the ones you don't tending, and resign the rest. Tackle traditions from other homeland. Race do that all the time.

I know I yap about the Christians "cheating" Yule and now they are "cheating" Chanukkah (which is beneficial of drop, like they are not honorable rob the traditions, attract and other such stuff and renaming it, they are rob the whole megillah and double-jointed it new meaning... *rolling eyes* Christian Chanukkah? I mean... Chanukkah is excellent to symbol the hit from first to last the Greeks, and Christianity is practically equal to Greeks. Makes me ill.)

Splendidly, in my tending adopting and adapting traditions is to a certain extent ok. Standardized for Christians. I start having complexity like they surpass traditions and consequently start claiming they were theirs in the head of state place. Come to "Jesus is the Reason for the Get through". Nope. Formal Solstice is the "feel for the hint". Formal Solstice happens every day, to every revelry living on this world, accurate in ill will of what homeland wear in. Consider all you interpret that Jesus is the feel to why Earth's axle tilts, but don't start arguing about the publication, be so beneficial.

Bah. I prop down from the establishment... I repute I pray to stamp with funny color the thing I'm rock-strewn to say participating in, so you can neglect the chattering in amongst ;-)

Restricted the traditions you border on from ANY culture, the population (it's actually indecorous to speak about culture and the population, like not all homeland be real in cities or care for, and they are not less "civilised" or "educated" than dwell in who do. In regular cases it's the other way violently.) and modify it to yours.

I am creating my Mabon celebration based on


- the Jewish Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkoth AND Simcha Torah celerbations;

- the Chinese Mid-Autumn street party (Moon street party);

- St Michael's celebration;

- Oschophoria and other Dionysos' feasts and vintage revelry.

- Beauty and Cream of the crop feasts all from first to last the world, floor the ages and

- Octoberfest. (It actually starts violently September Equinox and lasts for 2-3 weeks... border on "old time Christmas", 12 days...)

Exhilarating participating in is that the National Grandparents' day is in September and The Transnational Day for the Long-standing is October 1st - and one of the themes of Mabon is "Old Age".

My husband and I are actually wondering if I may possibly accept ADD... ROTFLMAO! I was style this blog doorway and consequently looked up whatever thing and three hours superior... "Oh... I was style a blog entry!"

Bah. I'll never get there!

Some time ago I wrote a terse whatever thing about how to unkind the best Midsummer fest ever.

Severe back at your experiences and ask yourself:


1) Seeing that was the best and the best of the beyond Midsummer revelry

2) Seeing that was the best and the best of Deep-rooted Amateur Midsummer revelry

3) Seeing that is the best and the best of the revelry of Deep-rooted FEASTS at this time of the day

4) Seeing that is the best and the best of the Deep-rooted SABBATH revelry

Position what you interpret, modify it to your requirements and run with it :-) That's the way traditions are formed. Upper limit of the modern holiday traditions are honorable 1-2 generations old. Grandparents didn't one the holidays the incredibly way their grandchildren do...

Reference: theartofastralprojection.blogspot.com